We seek energetic, self-directed, and self-managing team players who thrive in an informal yet results-driven work environment. At Orca Bay, we enjoy a competitive compensation package that includes the following benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Section 125 plan (flexible spending account)
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing plan
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability insurance (for select positions)
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts for seafood purchases
Our benefits package is subject to change at any time, so please see the job listing for the most current information.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Currently we are looking to fill the following position(s):
Position Title: IT Manager
Job Summary: Supporting MS Access front-end database performance by evaluating and resolving programming issues, designing database management tools, and answering user questions.
- Microsoft Navision, Dynamics CRM and Dynamics BI4 administration and end-user support.
- Local and wide area network administration
- SQL Server, active directory and Windows level one support.
- Microsoft Office level one support. Microsoft Office-automation solution enhancement and level one support.
- Project management of the implementation of corporate sponsored software applications that are critical to meeting the company’s objectives.
- Including current corporate plans to implement Dynamics CRM and Dynamics BI4 .
- Improving tools to monitor data integrity.
Knowledge and Skills:
The following may include both hands-on and working with third party vendors to accomplish.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in project managing complex Information Technology / Information System projects from beginning to end.
- Knowledge, understanding and
experience providing end-user support for:
- Microsoft Navision
- Dynamics CRM
- Dynamics BI4
- Good understanding and
experience configuring, enhancing, maintaining and providing end-user
- Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Access applications
- Good understanding and
experience with Microsoft Office Suite – Office Automation, including:
- Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Configuring and use of ODBC and OData
- Visual Basic for Applications
- Good understanding and experience with ANSI standard Structured Query Language
- Knowledge of VBA & ADO and DAO
- Ability to build Access objects and modules.
- Ability to write different types of Access queries: Crosstab, Append, Update, Union, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with XML and SQL Server Management Studio a plus.
- Must be able to multitask and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Seafood industry experience a plus.
Education: AS Degree or related experience
Experience: 1-2 years experience
Working Conditions: Typical office environment with moderate noise levels. Must be able to meet multiple and competing project deadlines in a fast paced work environment with numerous interruptions. This position occasionally requires extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation. Requires sitting for extended periods of time on occasion.
Position Title: WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – FOODSERVICE
Job Summary: Builds customer base through sales to foodservice national, regional, independent and specialty distribution houses and restaurant chains in assigned territory.
- Promote and sell company products through customer contact, primarily by phone. Update brokers/customers weekly with market information, commodity pricing, and specials.
- Manage brokers in territory to maintain and grow sales to meet sales goals.
- Travel as needed to promote sales, training, and develop markets in territory, within expense management expectations, up to 40%.
- Provide customers with effective bid price quotations by communicating all the necessary requirements with purchasing and director to ensure positive profitable growth.
- Maintain product knowledge to enhance sales. Provide training and product demonstrations as needed for brokers and customers.
- Collaborate with customer and purchasing to assess product needs.
- Identify, target and gain new business in territory.
- Acquire competitive market information and communicate with purchasing and senior management.
- Monitor local marketing programs to assure alignment with established guidelines.
- Review sample requests and follow up to close sales.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by addressing customer concerns/issues in a solution based spirit while soliciting recommendations from the appropriate managers.
- Provide accurate and timely performance feedback to Customer Service Manager on assigned Customer Service Representative.
Secondary Responsibilities, Duties:
- Perform special projects as directed by Director – Foodservice /or Senior Management Team.
Education: AA degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum three years seafood sales experience demonstrating ability to promote products, close sales, and consistently meet or exceed sales goals.
Knowledge and Skills: Full competency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Requires excellent organizational and communication skills, high level of accuracy, attention to detail ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment. Requires high level time management skills, and professional demeanor for constant interaction with numerous internal and external contacts.
Working Conditions: This is a position where working conditions vary with home/Corporate office set up. Must be able to meet multiple and competing deadlines in a fast paced work environment with numerous interruptions. This position requires frequent travel to customer locations and/or food shows, and extended hours due to seasonal business demands.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation.
Position Title: Maintenance Helper
Job Summary: Assisting maintenance department at frozen cold storage/manufacturing facility.
- Work directly with Maintenance Manager facilitating building maintenance inside and outside of facility.
- Perform routine building maintenance, such as misc painting indoors and outdoors, plumbing, landscaping, roofing and other tasks to keep facility in proper shape both mechanically and aesthetically.
- Keep the facility and surroundings clean from debris.
- Chip ice in freezer at -15 degrees for short periods of time, at heights to reach as necessary.
- Assist with production machines setup and startup.
- Vacuum and clean dock plates, machines, walls, floors, doors, engine room, pipes and dumpsters.
- Clean and fill inkjets on production floor.
- Assist Maintenance Mechanics as needed.
- Do SQF Maintenance sheets, and keep log of work performed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Warehouse or Production facility with processing equipment experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills: Requires organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment. Requires professional demeanor for interaction with numerous internal and external contacts. Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook a plus. Ability to follow all GMP, SQF and Safety rules and policies.
Working Conditions: Position holder works in both food processing environment with elevated noise levels requiring hearing protection, ambient temperature in food processing area averages 55°F and involves exposure to freezing, non-weather conditions in product cold storage, with some exposure to outside weather conditions. Must be able to meet multiple and competing project deadlines in a fast paced work environment with numerous interruptions. This position requires frequent extended hours due to seasonal business demands.
Physical Requirements: Normal hearing, good speaking voice and clear enunciation. Requires occasional bending and twisting to perform equipment repairs, etc. Must be able to push, lift, and/or carry 50 lbs.
Disclaimer: All positions listed above, the information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Or, visit our employment office to fill out an application:
Orca Bay Seafoods
900 Powell Avenue SW
Renton, WA 98057-2907
Thank you for visiting our employment page!